Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Birthday To Robin!!!

 Thirty years ago today, I was 6-years old and if I remember correctly at school in the first grade. It was also the same day I became an uncle for the very first time. It's hard to believe that on that same day, the girl I was to spend the rest of my life with, was also born. At that time, the day was pretty special because my nephew was born. It was even more special, albeit unbeknownst to me at that time how much more special it was.














Robin grew up loving the outdoors (and apparently ice cream). Her parents were avid hikers and backpackers. If there was a weekend off and their gang could get together, they were on the trail headed to some destination for an overnight in the Cumberlands or the Smokies. When Robin was old enough, she would accompany them on those trips with her own little pack to carry her clothes, blanket, and stuffed animal. Many a night she spent under the stars. It makes me wonder and I believe that there were possibly times we were looking at the same stars. Then again maybe not because here in Tennessee she had more stars to look at than I did down outside of New Orleans.


Thirty years ago today my partner for life, my best friend, compatriot, wife, and confidant was born and overly joyous am I that she was. She keeps me anchored and grounded. She gives me reason to do what I do. She provides for us at home and I couldn't be more blessed to call her my wife and my best friend. We share the trail together, and I couldn't ever imagine having a more suitable trail mate. She completes me where I fall short and vice-versa. It is with great admiration and loving-ness that I wish Robin a most joyous and happy birthday.

I Love You Robin, Happy Birthday.
Your Timmy